You might not think to use Instagram as a marketing tool, but your competitors probably already do. Instagram is a social media networking platform owned by Facebook that allows users to personalize their account by sharing their photos and videos. With over 700 million monthly users on the platform, Instagram offers businesses a huge target audience. Learn how to use Instagram to market your restaurant or bar by expanding your audience and differentiating your brand’s unique identity.
Visual Feed Design
It is important to create the right eye-catching content for your feed, also known as your profile page (this is where all of your photos will be posted). The majority of your audience will briefly glance at your page and decide in seconds whether or not to follow your account. Because of the grid gallery layout on your profile page, it is critical that you develop and follow a recognizable theme or style.
Instagram Feed Layout Tips:
- Decide on a visual theme you will use to represent your brand.
- Show a fun and energetic style to encourage potential customers.
- Be consistent with your brand colors, fonts and photography style.
- Use high-quality photos and editing apps to enhance your photos.
- Present your best daily Instagram Stories into themed Highlights shown under your bio on your profile page.
What Content Should I Post on Instagram?
Ideally, you want to use Instagram to create your brand story. People like storytelling, and your audience is more likely to pay attention and remember an interesting story you share with them, rather than only facts or plain photos. Telling a story makes you and your content relatable, and it is a great way to create an emotional connection with your audience. Luckily, Instagram is centered on storytelling, so embrace the potential that it offers to arise the emotional response to your brand.
Instagram Account Content Tips:
- Use your brand to tell a story that will interest your audience.
- Make sure your photos provide value or interact with your followers.
- Feature the product prominently in the picture in your product image posts.
- Utilize stories and video for more creative storytelling.
Build your online presence with Instagram by connecting with new and existing customers. You can do this by tagging other popular accounts or brands (maybe a local brewery you serve) to spread information and inspire them to do so as well. Draw positive attention, encourage your customers to follow your Instagram page, and post feedback with their photos tagging your company’s account.
Getting Verified – What Is That?
It is important to remember that your consumer’s first impression of your profile is critical. Instagram has a feature that allows account users to become “verified,” if eligible. The verified checkmark badge is recognizable by viewers and provides your business with instant credibility. Therefore, obtaining verification will naturally make the decision easier for new accounts to follow you and makes your marketing content trusted. This quick and simple process can take your new account a long way.
To be eligible, your account must meet these requirements:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business that it represents.
- Complete: Your account must be public, include a profile picture and contain at least one post.
- Notable: Your account must represent a known, highly searched person, brand, or entity.
(Note: Only one account per person or business may be verified.)
5 Easy Steps to Verification:
- Log into the account on Instagram that you wish to be verified.
- Go to the profile page (bottom right).
- Tap the ≡ icon (top right).
- Go to Settings > Account > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (e.g., government-issued photo ID).